Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Illustration... flowy hair

Meow there!  Got rather bored with doing fashion sketches... thought I'd do something different!  It looks a bit anime-ish, not exactly what I had in mind when I was rendering it.  I haven't really done much rendering on my illustrations/sketches, except for the sketches I've done for my blog.  So I ended up rendering it like my sketches.  Need to explore some new ways of rendering!  


 I love how things move underwater...  This illustration is inspired by that, although it also looks like it's windblown as well.  LOL...  Anyway, I just love underwater fashion photography... the way fabric and hair flow and sway.  So mesmerizingly graceful and elegant!   Oh yeah, RuPaul's Drag Race is partly to blame for this fascination with flowy/wavy hair.  The hairstyles in that show are fiercely fab!  

Some minor changes to the sketch I previously posted...

Base of watercolor and shading with watercolor pencils...


Some beautiful underwater fashion photography videos...  









No comments:

Post a Comment