Thursday, March 21, 2013

Portrait... Jon Kortajarena in graphite


My blog's a year old now!  Yay!  A year ago I started blogging my sketches and my first blogpost was some WIP graphite sketches of Jon Kortajarena (here).  I never really did post a finished portrait of his, thought I'd mark my year of blogging with one.  So, here it is... 


Not perfect, still have lots to learn... Don't think the learning part will ever end!  Need more work on getting the likeness.  I also really need to work on my patience... I just don't have enough of it to do the hair detail!   Really enjoy doing his portrait... still loving the angles of his face!  He is soooo dreamy!


Started this blog as sort of an art journal... a way to make myself get back into art/drawing.  Well, it's been a year of blogging and drawing. Yay!  I'm not quite drawing as much as I used to, but this is a positive improvement.  Looking forward to another year of art, much more drawing, creative pursuits and art journaling/blogging!   Hope you, my readers, will join me...  Never, ever stop drawing!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment