Monday, February 9, 2015

Portrait/Video... Alejandro Fernández #2


Alejandro Fernández, portrait in graphite and watercolor pencils...

Meow there, Monday!  A dreamy heartthrob for this Valentine's week blogpost... Mexican singer Alejandro Fernández!   My second portrait of him... and might do another one!  He looks much handsomer when he smiles...  He has such a beautiful smile!!!   =^.^= 

Small section of the mess... 
Messy work area means you're having fun!

I used the same materials I used for my fashion illustrations: watercolor (for the base color), graphite and watercolor pencils.  Pretty much the same method I used for my other color portraits.  Building up layers of graphite (smudged) and watercolor pencils ("washed" over with a wet brush).  I enjoyed doing this portrait...  Color portraits are so much more fun to do than just plain graphite ones.    Since I worked on it intermittently, it wasn't practical to take videos while doing the portrait.  So,  I took WIP photos instead... and made a "video" from those photos!   


And now for some lovely songs.  hard to choose which songs of his to include in this blogpost as I don't want it to be a looong post.  

This is my song-of-the-moment... 
Been playing this song over and over and over and over for a couple of weeks now!



One of my faves... 





No comments:

Post a Comment